How to Create your Paint-Splodge
- Poster Paint
- A4 paper
- Marker pens
- Embellishments such as moving eyes and foam
1. Got any old paints lying around? If not, a trip to the
craft store, $2 shop or supermarket will kit you out with some
inexpensive poster paints.
2. Grab a piece of paper and fold it in
3. Open it out and stick a big splodge of paint in
the centre then fold it over again and smush the
4. Open it up and let it dry off a bit while you
make another splodge.
5. Everybody grab a splodge and make a monster, alien or
kooky creature out of it using marker pens to add limbs,
antennae, tails ears etc.
6. Glue on moving eyes and foam shapes for extra texture
7. Now give your creature a back story -
everybody grab a blank piece of A4 paper - fold it in half short
end to short end, then again to create 4 sections.
8. Give your creature a name - then pass the
creature and bio page to the next person.
9. Answer the question "what 'place' is it from?
" (planet, country, location etc) in the next section and
then pass the creature and bio to the next person.
10. Answer the question "what special powers does it
have?"…then pass it along.
11. Finally, answer "what is its
12. Read out the creature bio's - if you felt like it, you
could create a world or write a full story about these