Colorific has enjoyed an exciting and prosperous history over
the past 20 years. We pride ourselves on this history and are
always excited to share it with everyone. Take a look below at the
path that took us to where we are today.
- Colorific began as a small division of the Alexander Group in
Melbourne, Australia in 1986. The company developed and marketed a
unique range of children's craft to the toy and craft industries,
and school suppliers.
- In 1990, Wayne Brander and Peter Levi acquired Colorific. Each
partner had a background in successful retailing, and both were
founding directors of Australia's second largest toy buying group,
- In the first full year of trading, the business more than
trebled. Dramatic growth continued over the years.
- Colorific became an established name in the toy industry due to
innovative marketing, excellent customer service and an increasing
- In 1992, Colorific expanded into New Zealand.
- Colorific moved into its first purpose-built warehouse/office
complex in Springvale in 1996
- Sales continued to grow significantly.
- In 1999, Colorific featured in a multimillion-dollar TV, press
and billboard campaign nationally to promote the Commonwealth
- In 2001, Colorific purchased Glow Zone - the leading marketer
of glow in the dark toys in Australia and New Zealand. The range
was redeveloped in-house, and relaunched in 2002.
- Also in 2001, our first International Business Manager is
appointed to grow Colorific's international business.
- Wayne Brander retired and Peter Levi gained full ownership of
Colorific in 2003.
- In 2004, Colorific moved into its second purpose built, modern
and exciting headquarters in Clayton!
- ScrapAttack was the number one selling Arts & Craft Kit for
- Also in 2005, Colorific appointed its first dedicated
Educational Resources Category Manager to grow the school supply
- Funrise, a top 20 US Toy Marketer in 2005, agreed to take on
Colorific as its sole craft range, aiding in broadening the
Colorific brand to more and more countries!
- Ending 2005 on a high, the Melbourne Business Awards voted
Colorific the 2005 Business of the Year!
2006 - Current
- Starting 2006 well, Colorific brought home the ATA Australian
Development Award for their new construction product, LUGZ.
- May 2006 saw Colorific recognised as the leading supplier in
Children's Craft by receiving the First Generation - Family
Business of the Year award in Victoria.
- A National award is won! The Levi Family accepted the 2006
Australian Family Business of the Year - First Generation, on
behalf of Colorific in September at the Family Business Australia
- In February 2010, Colorific acquires Fun N Fashion Australia, a
leading distributor of girls' accessories and toys, including the
Crystal fairy brand.